1. Drivers are instructed not to drive over footpaths, drives, grass verges or other soft or landscaped ground and not to lift skips over
walls/fences or other barriers or obstructions nor to place skips onto raised embankments. Should the Hirer request the Driver to do so and
damage is caused (other than death or personal injury due to the negligence of the Owner) the Owner will not be liable and should damage be
caused to the Owner’s Vehicle the Hirer will be responsible. The Hirer is advised to protect paving slabs, manhole covers and other protective or
supercial covers as boards are not provided by the Owner. Vehicles have access criteria as follows: entrance at least 3.10 m wide, 3.90 m high;
an access and Site surface capable of withstanding 18.00 tonnes; and a safe and adequate turning / manoeuvring / working area. Should the
access criteria be less than above, the Hirer shall be responsible for any damage caused. The Hirer undertakes to direct the Driver where to
deposit the skip, the Driver being for the purpose of such deposit the agent of the Hirer.
2. Except as specically otherwise agreed in writing the Owner shall be under no obligation to deposit the skip anywhere other than on a
highway. The Hirer shall keep the Owner indemnied against any claim, demand or penalty arising out of the presence of the skip (except for
personal injury or death due to the negligence of the Owner).
3. The Hirer shall direct the Driver where to deposit or pick up the skip.
4. Where the Driver is directed to deposit or pick up the skip on or from a Site which is o a highway the Owner shall be under no liability
whatsoever to the Hirer for any damage caused whilst the Vehicle is o the highway other than such as might have been caused by negligence
on the part of the Driver. Without prejudice to paragraph 2 above, the Hirer shall keep the Owner indemnied against any claim or demand
which could not have been made had the Driver not been so directed. The Hirer will compensate the Owner for any damage to the Vehicle or
the skip which would not have occurred had the Driver not been so directed and which is not due to any negligent driving on the part of the
5. The Hirer shall ensure that all permissions required before skips can lawfully be deposited on the Site, including the permission required
under the Highways Act 1980, have been or will be obtained before he directs the Driver to deposit the skip. The Owner can organise permits
on behalf of the Hirer (at least 24hrs prior notice required) from the relevant authority at an additional cost to the Hirer.
6. The Hirer shall not move the skip from the Site without the consent of the Owner. The responsibility for the skip remains with the Hirer until
collected by the Owner’s Vehicle.
7. The following must not be placed in the skips: asbestos, tyres, liquid containers/drums/barrels/cartons (even if empty), liquids, liquid paint,
lead acid/vehicle batteries, gas cylinders, fridges/freezers, televisions, computer monitors/uorescent tubes, any form of special, dicult or
hazardous waste. Plasterboard must be segregated from other waste in the skip by either placing it on top of the other waste in the skip where
it may be easily lifted o or placed into a dumpy bag which can be provided on request. From the time the skip is deposited until it is picked up
again by the Owner, the Hirer shall ensure that:
a) the skip is properly sited in accordance with the permission given.
b) the skip is properly lit during darkness. The Hirer is at all times responsible for the safeguarding and lighting of the skip. The Hirer must at all
times take all reasonable precautions to guard the skip.
c) res are not lit in or near to the skip. The Hirer shall reimburse the Owner for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused to the skip
by re, accident, mechanical excavators or any other cause, whilst on hire to them.
d) the skip is lled no higher than the top of its sides. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that at all times the skip is loaded safely and that the
area around the skip is kept safe and tidy. Should the skip be found to be overloaded it is the Hirer's responsibility to correct the situation.
However the Owner reserves the right to remove any objects that it feels may jeopardize the safe transportation of the skip. Any extra costs
incurred in removing, transporting or disposing of the contents of the skip will be charged to the Hirer. The Owner reserves the right to decline
collection of overloaded skips. Excess charges are levied in the event of overloading.
e) the skip is not to be moved once placed on Site without prior consent of the Owner. The movement of skips on Site could result in the
inability to collect the skip. The Hirer accepts responsibility for any damage or extra costs incurred due to the skip being moved.
8. Except as otherwise agreed in writing the Hirer shall ll the skip within the period of hire (hire period being 7 days unless agreed with the
Owner) and shall inform the Owner in good time of its readiness for collection or replacement.
9. The Owner will remove or reposition the skip if required at any time to do so by a highway authority or a constable in uniform under section
140 of the Highways Act 1980.
10. Except as specically otherwise agreed in writing the Owner agrees to dispose of the contents of the skip.
11. Non-account terms: Payment is due on delivery and to be made in accordance with the invoice or as otherwise agreed. Hire periods are up
to 7 days, unless otherwise agreed by the Owner. Skips will not be removed from Site until payment is received in full.
12. Account Terms: Payment is due 30 days from the end of the month in which the goods or services are supplied and to be made in
accordance with the invoice sent or as otherwise agreed. Credit arrangements are subject to the granting of approved credit accounts and are
at the discretion of the Company. The Company reserves the right to insist upon payment before delivery if the Customer’s credit is not
satisfactory or if payment of any sum owed by the Customer to the Company is overdue.
In addition, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer 8% per annum above the base rate of the Company’s bank (at the time of
acceptance) for overdue payments and to withhold further deliveries or to cancel any unexecuted portion of any orders with the Company. The
company also reserves the right to charge the customer for any and all costs incurred by the Company recovering overdue payments. The
Customer shall under no circumstances be entitled to withhold payment.
13. The maximum rental period is 14 days unless otherwise agreed with the owner. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to request the collection
within this time. Failure to do so will result in an unannounced collection and/or rental charges being incurred.
The owner reserves the right to collect a fully loaded skip before the hire period has elapsed.